- Large capacity: The cartridge is over 2 feet, 60cms, long and rated for 600 gallons, 2400 litres, of pure water. Actual output varies with tap water quality.
- Purity light: This “magic eye” monitors the conductivity of the output water continuously and signals when it is time to change the cartridge. There is no better purity control available at any price.
- Pressurized system: Unlike some lab type systems, the Philadelphia Scientific Deionizer operates at full line pressure. This makes it possible to dispense pressurized, pure water directly from the deionizer.
- Ready to use: The system comes with a mounting plate, one cartridge, Purity Light, hose hanger, quick connects, input and output hoses. With the optional Watering Gun, you can fill a battery directly from the Deionizer.
- Easy installation: Setting up wall mounted system takes 3 simple steps. Attach the mounting plate to wall with 2 bolts. Connect input hose to any tap with standard hose fittings. Connect Purity Light to the output assembly.
- Easy cartridge replacement: Snapping in a new cartridge takes seconds and needs no tools. The exhausted cartridge is non toxic and can be disposed of without difficulty.
The old way to avoid impurities was to use distilled water, made by boiling water and condensing the steam. Distilling is energy intensive and costly.
Testing tap water chemically is too complicated. A more practical measure for water purity is resistivity. The electrical resistance of water is very sensitive to the amount of dissolved solids it contains. Resistivity can be tested instantaneously with a low-cost meter.